Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Seabiscuit's motivation


Good morning, my friend!!!

Welcome to this wonderful world full of gorgeous surprises prepared for you.

I enjoyed one this morning. Let me tell you.

Oh!! I know. You waked up this morning in a hurry because once again you were late.
You were fighting with a greasy breakfast that is still playing rugby on your belly.

After a nothing-enjoyable traffic jam you found you desk with a big pile of files screaming for attention. The last coffee was shit. And you are already wondering how you can bear this one-day more.

Frustration. Dissatisfaction. Unhappiness.

I was on your shoes. I am not doing jokes about your lifestyle. That is not my thing.

I really respect every single life and I don’t judge you.

Others everyday judge me. Well, I think they have not better things to do.

It’s at to them. I don’t care too much.

Well, I have the bad habit of look at ht e TV during breakfast time.

Bad habit I know. I am not perfect….to me, be perfect is God’s matter. I only try to improve everyday. You are listening…every single day. Keep working.

Ok. Let me get some focus.

I turn the TV on and what I get?

Seabiscuit’s story film.

I must be honest I didn’t see the film before. I heard about it.

You probably know the story. A poor horse that what ill-treated when young is given a second chance as racehorse. It is not only a second chance to Seabiscuit. It is a second chance to Red Pollard, to his owner, his trainer and a whole nation in need of heroes.

Seabiscuit is an inspiring legend. It is the kind of story drives you to do your best. It will give you energy, motivation and courage.

It is so plenty of good lesson that I already order the book.

Let me point something I really like from this film and the whole story.

Do you remember how Seabiscuit is motivated by competence?

My friend, today we are living in a time where competence is a bad looking concept.

Fine, if you need to kill someone to compete again him or her.

To compete is not a question of “who are you competing against?”

To compete is a question of “who are you competing with?”


Your competitors are giving you the gift of a measure.

And when you can measure you can say if you are improving or not, how are you doing and what you can do to continue improve.

A myth or a legend like Seabiscuit gives you a model.

You could prefer a nicer look to your model. That is fine. But remember and trust me, the beauty of the Soul is much more important than the external appearance

To your Grow and Win success

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home